Monday, July 25, 2011

Crucible Men's Weekend

It has been said, “You can’t keep going down the same road and expect to get to a different destination.”  Are you tired of chasing down the same road looking to draw closer to God yet still finding the same results?  Are you tired of “playing church” and wondering if God is there?  Are you weary of reading the Bible more, praying harder, listening to the right sermons, reading all the right Christian books, yet feeling you are stuck in the same place?  Are you hoping that it will all just get better?  Have you told yourself something like, “This is just the way it is and I have to have faith to get through it.”? 

As a man, have you or do you feel like you are just not getting “it” right.  Deep inside are you feeling inadequate?  Does it seem like you’ve lost a handle on your anger?  Are you feeling a deep and bitter anger burning just under the surface?  Do you feel like you are way too passive and life around you is spinning out of control?  Do you get the sense that your foundation you have built your life and beliefs upon has cracks and you just don’t know how to start repair on them?  Are you tired of wearing the mask you put on everyday because this is life and that is way you think you ought to act?  Have you worn your mask for so long that you really don’t know who you are anymore?  Are you tired of protecting your vulnerable parts of you with this mask? 

Do you feel you are lacking adventure in your life?  Do you dream of having passion like you once had when you were younger?  Do you wonder, “Where did the faith I had as a young man go?” Are you tired of the hardened shell created by the tough life around you?  Do you ask yourself in some fashion, “Do I really have what it takes…?”

Do you have trouble staying in integrity?  Do you struggle with keeping your word and/or commitments? 

I know there are many other questions like these you (and other men) have been asking yourself for maybe years.  Are you willing to look at those places?  Do you want to make that change?  Do you want to take a risk and go down a new road?  Are you longing for true grace like you have never felt before?  Do you want to experience God in a real and powerful way?  You are not alone.

Many men have gone before you and done just that.  Many men have started a journey down a new road.  I am one of those men.

I have been a Christian 30 years.  I’ve done the Bible studies.  I’ve been to camp.  I’ve taught classes.  “I’ve had mountain top experiences.”  I’ve felt God’s presence.  I’ve heard countless stirring sermons.  Yet, I still felt I was missing something.  I was hiding and covering the wounded parts of me.  I needed a change in my spiritual life.  Along came the Crucible Men’s Weekend.  It has changed my life.  I experienced grace like I never had before.  God touched my wounded spirit and poured His grace inside.  Now I know where my anger resides, and how to use it as God intended.  I love deeper and more authentic.  I am more authentic. And, I have found a community of Christian men who are authentic as well.  Are we perfect?  No!  But we welcome that imperfection and give it true grace.  Can this weekend be just another mountain top experience?  If I let it...  But I refuse.  I cannot let the power of the Crucible Men’s Weekend go to waste.  And neither do the men in the community we have built off of the weekend.  Want to know more? 

There are weekends offered year-round in several locations.  If you have interest click here.  If you want to register, then click here.
 

4 comments:

  1. I went on a Crucible Weekend in 2005. It was the most transformational thing I have ever experienced! This weekend is for any man who wants more purpose, power or passion in his life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same experience of being lost and the feeling of meaninglessness and thinking that there is something lacking. I was able to attend a Religious seminar here in our place that helped me know myself more and help to know God more and become more closer to Him. It changes my outlook in life to a more positive way and helped me get through to all the trials I have faced. I'm delighted to know that you share your experience with others; I do hope that your Organization will grow strong and be able to help others who are still searching. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Byron! You're both inspiring & insightful regarding how most men (at least the ones I talk with) feel, think, & experience God.

    I believe change happens in small groups where people get real. The Crucible Project weekend retreats are a place where that happens at such an accelerated pace that it is amazing & powerful. Being in a group of men who have a common language, experience, & grace is where that transformation happens. I'm glad you've found such a place. I hope the work expands so as many men as have ears can hear this, experience it, and refuse to let that powerful transformation go to waste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't hesitate to recommend this experience—unless you like the status quo of your life! The faint of heart need not apply, but when you are "hungry and thirsty for righteousness" (Matt 5), come and find a great opportunity to go past limitations that have held you back. Be sure to get a team of people to pray for you during the weekend—the staff are praying, and they all have prayer teams behind them.

    ReplyDelete